Well, it's been a rather long week here in the Colón household. Poor little Gabriel. I think his canine teeth have decided to break through, and according to all of my mommy friends, and as made obvious buy the little guy's actions, these are by far the worst. He has never been a fussy baby, even when the first few teeth broke through he was generally pleasant. He got a tad fussy with the molars, but nothing to write home about. Well, let me tell you, he has not been a happy camper this week. The beginning of the week, it was like pulling teeth (yes, pun intended) to get him to eat anything. He'd muster up the willingness to eat the first bite or two, but that was it. He was even pushing away his favorites, like Grandma's applesauce and hot dogs. He always eats for Ethel, no matter what, and, to my dismay, she wasn't having any luck. Night's haven't been a picnic either. Gabe has been waking up at least 6 times a night (I quit counting at that point) with tears in his eyes, and he hasn't been easily consoled. Gabe has also been a total 'mama's boy' this week. He runs over to me, looks up and goes, "up, mommy, up". This is particularly fun while I am attempting to put on makeup or pack lunches. Gabe has even been crying for me when I drop him off at Ethel's in the morning - talk about pulling at your heart strings! He's usually fine right after I leave, but still.
Yesterday, I worked through lunch in order to get home at a decent hour to take Gabe for a jog in the stroller. I was in dire need for exercise - I haven't done a thing since running the Hands-on-House Half Marathon last Saturday (where, sorry, but I have to toot my horn a bit, I improved upon my previous half marathon time by nearly 11 minutes!!). Anyway, point of the story, I took Gabe upstairs with me to change clothes, and he was trying desperately to climb on our bed while saying, "nite-nite, nite-nite". Well, I laid down with him and he was asleep 5 minutes later. Needless to say, exercising has yet to occur...
No comments:
Post a Comment