Each and every day I look at Gabriel and thank all the powers that be that I am so lucky to have this beautiful, healthy child. Every moment I spend with him is a moment that I cherish and am thankful for. Eser and I are so blessed. Regrettably, not everybody is as fortunate as we are. This is the reason that I decided to start a 'family' team and walk for the March of Dimes last year, to do what we can to help every baby have a healthy start. The 'Circle of Friends' is back this year to March for Babies! (Our team's name inspiration came from a picture taken at a playdate/picnic at our house in September of '07 - see below.)
Eser, Gabriel and I attended a team kickoff meeting this past Saturday. This family-friendly event was held at The Little Gym in Lititz. I had never heard of Little Gym before, let alone been to one. The event was held there so that little ones could be entertained while the adults discussed Lancaster's walk, as well as fundraising strategies and the sort. Let me tell you, this place was great! It was full of scaled-down gymnastics apparatuses - parallel bars, uneven bars, balance beams, tons of mats... They hold dance, gymnastics, sports skills, and karate classes for babies as young as 4 months! They also offer a 'Parent Sanity' night once a month where, for a small fee, you can drop off your youngster to play and run around, supervised of course, while you and your significant other go out. How appropriate that this facility is located near several restaurants and a recently constructed movie theater!!!
Eser, Gabriel and I attended a team kickoff meeting this past Saturday. This family-friendly event was held at The Little Gym in Lititz. I had never heard of Little Gym before, let alone been to one. The event was held there so that little ones could be entertained while the adults discussed Lancaster's walk, as well as fundraising strategies and the sort. Let me tell you, this place was great! It was full of scaled-down gymnastics apparatuses - parallel bars, uneven bars, balance beams, tons of mats... They hold dance, gymnastics, sports skills, and karate classes for babies as young as 4 months! They also offer a 'Parent Sanity' night once a month where, for a small fee, you can drop off your youngster to play and run around, supervised of course, while you and your significant other go out. How appropriate that this facility is located near several restaurants and a recently constructed movie theater!!!
Anyway, it would be putting it lightly to say that Gabe had an absolute blast!! He almost literally ran non-stop for an hour and a half! He danced, he jumped, he ran, he climbed. All of the fun was set to a soundtrack of classic, high-energy 80's tunes that were recorded with a slight twist for the kids. It was great. Gabe and Eser played with all of the other children, including a pair of 18 month old twin girls, while mommy attended to MOD business.
If anyone is interested in sponsoring our team, you can click the link to the right. If you would like to walk with us, we'd love to have you! Follow the link in our 'Links we Love' to the right, click on 'Join a Team' and search for 'Circle_of_Friends'. This year's 5 mile walk in on Sunday, April 26th at Greenfield Corporate Center. Thanks in advance for you support!
Circle of Friends
Hangin' around, makin' Grandpa's face
Climbin'

Still hangin'

Chillin' with the chicks
Gabe letting loose to 'Funkytown'. Though you can't hear it in the video, Gabe is yelling his version, 'Unkytown', as he's running.
(Please pay no attention to the loud, annoying person behind the camera/phone...)
No comments:
Post a Comment