Wow, it's been so long since I've updated the blog that I forgot my log-in credentials. Sad, very, very sad... What's even sadder is that my precious baby boy turned two over the weekend. Where in the world did the past 2 years go?? Somebody, anybody, please, please tell me. Two years ago I brought this tiny, helpless, beautiful baby boy home from the hospital. A baby boy who did nothing but sleep, eat, and snuggle. While he remains an expert at all of the above, now he walks, runs, talks, sings, climbs, counts, plays, dances... the list goes on and on. While we were shopping at Costco for party supplies on Friday, he started singing his ABC's... total surprise to me!! Apparently he's been practicing at Ethel's. The child never ceases to amaze me.
There have been so many amazing occurances and so many milestones since my last post that I have no clue where to begin, nor do I have the time to even attempt compiling a list. Gabriel is becoming more and more independent every day. He wants to put his own shoes on; he wants to put his pants on; he wants to zip his own jacket; he wants to buckle himself into the car seat. I really need to start setting my alarm a good 15 minutes earlier to allow for all of the extra time it now takes to get out the door in the morning... Every day is an adventure, but I wouldn't chage it for the world!
Let me end this short and sweet blog entry with an update on what the rest of us in the Colón household are doing. Mid-April we adopted two beautiful kitties from the Humane League of Lancaster County. Their names are Phoebe and Sophie. See pictures below. Eser is almost done with school for the summer. Tomorrow is the last day for the students, then he is done on Thursday. He plans to spend his summer playing with Gabe and playing golf - rough life, I know. Julian (and his LARGE, rambunctious dog, Samson) are home from college for the summer. Julian continues to caddy at Lancaster Country Club on the weekends, and is working for a roofing company during the week. Samson is now my morning running buddy, an effort I am making in order to keep our house in one piece. Along with Samson, I have also found another new running buddy, who is also named Megan. Together, we are getting ready to start training to run the Philadelphia Marathon in November. Yup, you heard it, the girl who couldn't run the mile in high school is going to train for a marathon - all 26.2 miles. On top of pushing my body to its physical limits, I am getting ready to put my brain to the test as well, preparing to take the first part of my professional registration exam in September. Never a dull moment in the Colón household...
There have been so many amazing occurances and so many milestones since my last post that I have no clue where to begin, nor do I have the time to even attempt compiling a list. Gabriel is becoming more and more independent every day. He wants to put his own shoes on; he wants to put his pants on; he wants to zip his own jacket; he wants to buckle himself into the car seat. I really need to start setting my alarm a good 15 minutes earlier to allow for all of the extra time it now takes to get out the door in the morning... Every day is an adventure, but I wouldn't chage it for the world!
Let me end this short and sweet blog entry with an update on what the rest of us in the Colón household are doing. Mid-April we adopted two beautiful kitties from the Humane League of Lancaster County. Their names are Phoebe and Sophie. See pictures below. Eser is almost done with school for the summer. Tomorrow is the last day for the students, then he is done on Thursday. He plans to spend his summer playing with Gabe and playing golf - rough life, I know. Julian (and his LARGE, rambunctious dog, Samson) are home from college for the summer. Julian continues to caddy at Lancaster Country Club on the weekends, and is working for a roofing company during the week. Samson is now my morning running buddy, an effort I am making in order to keep our house in one piece. Along with Samson, I have also found another new running buddy, who is also named Megan. Together, we are getting ready to start training to run the Philadelphia Marathon in November. Yup, you heard it, the girl who couldn't run the mile in high school is going to train for a marathon - all 26.2 miles. On top of pushing my body to its physical limits, I am getting ready to put my brain to the test as well, preparing to take the first part of my professional registration exam in September. Never a dull moment in the Colón household...
The girls...
Birthday festivities
No comments:
Post a Comment