Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Better Late than Never...

Well, it's been more than 3 weeks since Gabe's 3rd birthday, so I suppose it's about time that I share the details and some pictures, right? The party went rather smoothly, considering the last minute venue change. Originally, we had planned to have his party at Long's Park, a local park that has a free summer concert series every Sunday evening June-August. I didn't bother reserving a pavilion because the only one available seated 400, and if you get there relatively early, it's easy to grab a few picnic tables for free. Well, the forecast didn't exactly cooperate. The evening actually turned out to be quite nice, but while watching the weather channel all day, I got scared. Tornado and storm watches (not that they developed into anything) led us to play it safe and move the party indoors. At the last minute, Eser talked to his boss at the Chameleon Club and we were able to use the Lizard Lounge. Yes, Gabe had his 3rd birthday party at a nightclub. Our good friends, the Lopezs, brought their blow-up bouncy castle, which fit nicely inside the main entrance. The kids bounced, the adults played pool, we all had pizza and cupcakes and a good time.

(L-R) Cole, Gabe, Lillian and Ayden getting their sugr-rush on.


Claire, the bouncing queen!



Mr. Personality showing off the goods!



Checking out his new 'Super Hero Starter Kit'.





No comments: